As of Saturday, April 3, 2021, drop off times are being scheduled for April 6th and 13th only. Tax services will not be extended though the IRS has pushed out the deadline.
The Rodgers Library is working with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance), an organization that can help prepare your taxes virtually.
To qualify for the VITA program, you:
- Must have an income of $57,000 or less, and
- At least one of the following:
- A computer camera, or
- A working email address, or
- A phone number.
How do I submit my tax return in person?
- Pick up a physical intake packet at the Rodgers Library Reference Desk.
- Ask the Reference desk librarian to make an appointment with VITA, which you can make when you pick up the packet, OR you may take packet, collect all the information it requires to process your tax return, and call us at that time.
- The VITA office is located at the Hills Memorial Building, 18 Library Street, Hudson.
- For your VITA appointment, go to the back of the Hills Memorial Building - where the parking lot is located - and down the handicap ramp to the back door.
- Hand your completed intake packet off to a VITA associate, who will be stationed at the door.
- VITA will handle the next steps and be in touch with you once the returns have been processed and/or if they have any questions.
Please note: You cannot drop off your packet without an appointment.
How do I submit my tax return online?
To have your tax return prepared 100% online:
- Pick up an online taxes intake packet (this is a different packet than the physical intake packet, above) at the Reference Desk, which will contain directions and online addresses where to submit your return.
- You may also email VITA for an online packet, and/or with any questions at either of the addresses below:
If you have any questions regarding the process, please call the library at 603-886-6030 during normal operating hours and ask for the Reference Desk.