Technology Librarian (Full Time)
The Rodgers Memorial Library is seeking a library technologist ready to work with our fabulous staff and patrons to keep our library and services moving forward in a digital world. New library school graduates are encouraged to apply.
Duties: Responsible for implementing and maintaining library technology (including software, hardware, network, Website and use of social media) as well as identifying trends, products, and resources for the continued development and effective use of technology within our library. The librarian provides technological support for library users and staff through both formal and informal instruction, print and electronic guides. As a member of the professional staff, the librarian is an integral part of the library services team, contributing to library decision-making and serving as a key resource within the library. Also coordinates with a part-time Systems Administrator, manages special projects as assigned and performs other related tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Knowledge of library operations and service requirements.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of information technology applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Springshare LibApps.
- Knowledge of web design, web standards and content management.
- Familiarity with PC-based applications software and an interest and ability to acquire new technology skills as needed.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with people in a collaborative environment.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science or advanced library science coursework from an ALA accredited program.
- 1-3 years public library experience.
- Programming experience.
- Proficiency with WordPress.
- Familiarity with administering Linux, Windows Server, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience administering an ILS, especially Evergreen.
- Experience with networks and networking.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
Closing Date: July 15, 2017 or until filled
Salary: $37,440 to start DOE, 40 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend hours.
To Apply: Send resume and a letter of interest to Charlie Matthews, Library Director, email@example.com
Library Assistant – Reference (Part-Time)
Duties: Primarily performs duties at our Reference desk, assisting patrons with computer services and online databases, reference questions, Reader’s Advisory, and genealogy. Also assists Adult Services and Technical Services staff with various ongoing archival projects. Cross-trained to assist patrons at our Circulation desk, circulating and shelving materials and performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required. Facility with computers and Microsoft Office skills required, along with good organizational and communication skills and attentiveness to detail. Must have excellent customer service skills, be willing to work a flexible schedule, and enjoy working with people in a collaborative environment. Must be able to push or pull carts, do a moderate amount of bending, squatting, lifting (up to 40 lbs.), stretching and standing for extended periods of time. Previous library experience and/or experience working with genealogy preferred.
Immediate Supervisor: Reference Librarian
Salary: $11.50 to start DOE, 16-24 hours per week with some evening and Saturday hours.
Closing Date: July 28, 2017 or until filled.
To Apply: Send resume, letter of interest, 3 references to:
Rodgers Memorial Library
194 Derry Road
Hudson, NH 03051
Attention: Charlie Matthews, Library Director
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org