Response requested by Friday, August 7
We’ll launch our book group with Jane Austen’s masterpiece Pride and Prejudice, a book the author described as “light, and bright, and sparkling.” We’ll discuss the book within the context of Austen’s life, her England, and may even watch a snippet or two of one of the several movies made of Pride and Prejudice. (Laurence Olivier, Colin Firth, or Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy? Yes, please.)
Over the course of the book club, we will read the author’s remaining five books, and also books by Austen’s contemporaries (the Brönte sisters, Mary Shelly, etc.), along with some fun and modern adaptations of Austen’s characters and stories.
- Your preference for meeting time(s): 1pm, 3pm or 7pm, and
- Your name and phone number.
Write to us at email@example.com.
- We’ll be meeting using Zoom, and will provide help and tips on how to use the Zoom platform.
- Ebook versions of Pride and Prejudice are always available on Overdrive and on the Libby app (see above for information on Libby) here, here, and here, and also as an e-audiobook here and here (RML library card and PIN required**).The ebook is also available for free at Project Guttenberg here (no library card required). We also have limited hard copies available.
* This will change once the State Library reinstates Inter-Library Loan and we can borrow books from other libraries. Unfortunately, we don’t know when that will be, but we’ll let you know!
** Don’t have your PIN? Complete this form to request a new PIN!